Article by PatrickD    (07-25-08 02:45 PM)
Less than two weeks since it was announced that Anime Evolution 2008 was postponed due to loss of venue, a new venue has been found for the original convention dates.

Last night it was announced that Anime Evolution 2008 will still be happening from August 22nd through 24th, but now it will be held at the University of British Columbia. Further details are still being worked out and will be available when Anime Evolution's web site is updated.

Thanks to forum user Bryguy for the update.

Username Comments
Simon Young 
Con Regular

Loc: Portland, OR
Reg: 07-13-07

07-25-08 03:37 PM - Post#2859    
    In response to PatrickD

I'm glad that I visit this site on a regular basis...I didn't even know of the postponement or relocation news...
www.myspace.com/theslants
www.youtube.com/slantsvideos
www.theslants.com
www.laststoptokyo.com

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

07-25-08 04:01 PM - Post#2860    
    In response to Simon Young

• Simon Young Said:
I'm glad that I visit this site on a regular basis...I didn't even know of the postponement or relocation news...

...and you guys are guests?! That's surprising!

Well, I'm glad it ultimately worked out and will (hopefully) only have a marginal affect on the plans of guests and attendees.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Simon Young 
Con Regular

Loc: Portland, OR
Reg: 07-13-07

07-27-08 06:39 AM - Post#2875    
    In response to PatrickD

• PatrickD Said:
  • Simon Young Said:

...and you guys are guests?! That's surprising!

Well, I'm glad it ultimately worked out and will (hopefully) only have a marginal affect on the plans of guests and attendees.

Yes, I only learned of the changes through this site and the ACML; I've tried to contact the staff but haven't received any respone yet. I'm guessing that they've been scrambling ever since the loss of the first venue, but it certainly threw a wrench in our plans for a few weeks (not to mention all of the press that our publicist had lined up). I'm sure someone will officially let us know of the venue change soon...or hope so at least!
www.myspace.com/theslants
www.youtube.com/slantsvideos
www.theslants.com
www.laststoptokyo.com

Drorain 
Con Addict
Drorain
Loc: Massachusetts
Reg: 01-18-07

07-27-08 11:52 PM - Post#2878    
    In response to Simon Young

awesome for them, good job on the staff for recovering the ball and running with it!
I'ma Designer! PowderKeg Graphic Design
I'ma Blogger too! Holy Carp!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.151 seconds.   Total Queries: 32  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:47 AM