Article by PatrickD    (02-22-08 04:21 PM)
Jacksonville, FL, February 21, 2008: Forget everything you have come to expect from Anime and Gaming conventions. October 17-19 at the Renaissance Resort at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine, Florida a new breed of convention will arrive. Anime X Gamer Experience or 'EXP con' as it has been dubbed by the fans will focus on the Fan Experience and energy level through this year's theme: Rock Star Mentality.

Inspired by the conventions in the South East, the EXP staff gathered together to bring their own take on conventions to the North Florida area. "When I was searching for venues I never in my wildest dreams imagined we'd end up at the World Golf Renaissance." commented Rayne Sweat, Convention Chairman. "The venue is amazing, and with the 40,000 sq. ft of meeting space we are going to be able to do some great things here." As well as the large convention area, the World Golf Village will be showing Anime screenings at their IMAX theater for EXP guests who pre-register at the higher levels, as well as providing a fireworks show for a Japanese Festival-like experience.

Continuing the celebration and promotion of Japanese Animation, Manga, and Gaming in America, as well as other facets of Japanese culture Anime X Gamer Experience will strive to create an unforgettable experience for all ages.

The Anime X Gamer Experience Site has been launched! Visit us at Http://www.projectexp.org for information and sign up on the forums to provide feedback that we can use to improve the event.

Username Comments
PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

02-22-08 04:21 PM - Post#2142    
    In response to PatrickD

...because Florida needs another anime con!
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

The History Follower 
Con Addict
The History Follower
Loc: WV
Reg: 01-02-07

02-22-08 09:02 PM - Post#2149    
    In response to PatrickD

I wonder what Animation and Gameing Ohio will think.

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

02-22-08 11:09 PM - Post#2151    
    In response to The History Follower

Aah, that's the con I was thinking of. I knew the name sounded familiar!
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

jesspanda 
Attendee

Reg: 03-20-07

02-23-08 05:28 PM - Post#2152    
    In response to PatrickD

I'm kind of disappointed that they don't have any actual gaming events listed... (Cosplay Rock Band is quite a stretch..).

=(

~Jess~

zcat68 
Con Regular
zcat68
Loc: Tiverton, RI
Reg: 01-18-07

02-26-08 11:04 PM - Post#2183    
    In response to PatrickD

• PatrickD Said:
...because Florida needs another anime con!

When every con in Florida merges together and forms the month long Florida Con, how many days will you be attending?

Crazy Flower 
Token Black Chick
Crazy Flower
Loc: Beantown in the Pan
Reg: 06-02-07

02-26-08 11:31 PM - Post#2184    
    In response to PatrickD

I just want to see how the Naruto/Star Trek con does, and if it goes down in flames as I suspect.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.222 seconds.   Total Queries: 36  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:36 PM