Username Post: Getting exhibitors to come        (Topic#3386)
Mjaison 

Reg: 08-29-12

11-04-14 09:39 PM - Post#14118    

So I recently have taken up the roll of exhibitor director for my convention. So far I have 24 booths out of 30 sold. no matter how much I try, I can't get any more vendors to sign up. The crazy thing is, all the vendors that are coming, are all out of state. For some reason none of the local businesses want to come. The vendors that are coming this year have come to our event before and they have been happy, they usually break even within the first few hours on Friday. I just find it upsetting that, not one local store wants to support a local event.

Proz 
Con Addict
Proz
Loc: Texas
Reg: 08-08-07

11-04-14 11:56 PM - Post#14120    
    In response to Mjaison

Go to other conventions and pitch your convention to vendors. It is best to talk to them on Sunday of the convention. It is also a good way to find unique vendors that'll bring products that you can't find in the area which will be better for the vendor and attendees.
San Japan - San Antonio, Texas - Convention Chairman

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

11-05-14 04:12 PM - Post#14123    
    In response to Mjaison

In my experience, local shops are often running on tight budgets and hesitant to try new things. Although they will never admit it, they may also view your convention as competition and not want to support it...even though that makes no sense and they'd likely make a lot of money if they were at your con.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Mjaison 

Reg: 08-29-12

11-05-14 08:10 PM - Post#14124    
    In response to PatrickD

I actually do have a couple of staff members going to a Con this weekend. Hopefully to talk to come vendors who have yet to sign up. Right now now we have the usual vendors you see everywhere.
Anime Books
Anime Palace
Cartoon Passion
Dragon Song Forge
Epic Cosplay
Game Zone
Hobbyfan
CosplayMoomoo
TOYSLOGIC
YesAnime Inc.

They've been to our event before and they know they'll do well. It hard getting newer vendors to come. All of them got multiple booths too.

Edited by Mjaison on 11-05-14 08:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.123 seconds.   Total Queries: 34  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:43 PM