Username Post: Vocaloid "Fan" Concerts        (Topic#3305)
Ariolander 
Attendee

Reg: 05-27-11

04-23-14 09:19 PM - Post#13785    

So recently a group calling themselves Synthetic Reality Productions has been doing authorized (officially licensed) "fan" (non-sponsored events) concerts at various conventions. Most recently at Kami-Con and Pacific Media Expo with a new one announced for SkeCon in Sweden.

Here is some footage from their most recent 'concert' at Kami-Con:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saCch6DjIOo

While technically not 'anime' related directly they seem to be marketing themselves to anime cons and anime fans with an anime inspired mascot for their troupe and a mostly Japanese tracklist.

What are your thoughts on Vocaloid at an anime convention and this kind of "live" but-not type of (musical?) guest/concert at anime cons?

Nigoki 
Obsessed with robots
Nigoki
Reg: 02-25-09

04-24-14 09:27 AM - Post#13788    
    In response to Ariolander

I saw part of a Vocaloid show at NekoCon in 2012. It was pretty neat to see.
While I can see your point that it's not technically anime, I think they're fair game for anime conventions since it falls under the umbrella of "Japanese pop culture". I'd rather see a convention that bills itself as an anime con have this than something that's more of a stretch to connect back to anime.
-Doug Wilder
Resident Mecha fanboy of AnimeCons TV!

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

04-24-14 12:51 PM - Post#13789    
    In response to Ariolander

I remember we talked about this in the podcast way back in 2011 when there was a Vocaloid concert at Anime Expo:
http://animecons.com/tv/episode.shtml?29

That's one of our most popular episodes ever. I think the episode screenshot and having "Hatsune Miku" in the title is largely responsible for that.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.076 seconds.   Total Queries: 32  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:15 PM