Username Post: Con Videos        (Topic#2923)
JamesPhan 
JamesPhan
Reg: 06-17-13

06-17-13 05:37 PM - Post#12538    

So other than searching on Google or YouTube, where do you guys find videos of the conventions that y'all go to?

Gale 
Sacrificial White Mage
Gale
Loc: New England
Reg: 03-08-09

06-17-13 08:35 PM - Post#12545    
    In response to JamesPhan

I'm honestly not really interested in convention videos unless its incorporated with a review by a media source I follow, or my friends or I have been filmed. Given all that, I usually go straight to the source based on the business card or word of mouth I've gotten from whoever created or was in said video. A cosplay videographer shot me and I missed their info, I tend to check out the videos posted by the Cosplay Videographers Facebook page, but I think the medium has a long way to grow so I don't look too hard.

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

06-17-13 10:57 PM - Post#12548    
    In response to Gale

I agree. I absolutely never watch random con videos. If I was in an event or on a panel, I might search for videos of those by keyname, but I will never sit through long videos of random con footage. If it contains a narrative explaining the footage and talking about the con, that's different.

I also never click random links to con videos posted on forums unless they're relevant to a current discussion AND a summary of the video (beyond "check out my Yatta Con video!") is provided and it sounds relevant to my interests.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.117 seconds.   Total Queries: 32  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:38 PM