Fuzzy 
Con Regular
Fuzzy
Loc: Orlando
Reg: 12-07-07
07-16-15 02:58 PM - Post#14505    
    In response to arlj11

Hey dude,

Well, i cant speak for every con, i know that larger or well established cons get a lot of panel submissions, and as such tend to be pretty picky about their programming. For example, i believe Anime Festival Orlando (the longest running anime convention in Florida) had panel submissions for @150% of their actual capacity. This means that 1 in 3 panels that were submitted were rejected simply because of volume. To get a panel accepted there, you're gonna have to really stand out from the other submissions. (i mention this because i see youre from Orlando).

My general advice to you would be to find some smaller, newish conventions that dont get the sheer submission volumes. Ex: One of the heads of Umicon (Daytona Beach, september) mentioned to me the other day that he was still looking for more panels. Build up your experience there, and when its time to submit a panel for a bigger con, you'll be able to list previous conventions you've done it at. Also, when submitting a panel request put as much into the submission itself as you can. Be as descriptive and professional as possible.

side note: i'll be hosting a panel at AFO called "So you want to go to a con in another state". Pretty much is what it says, and i figured that, assuming PatrickD doesnt make an appearance at AFO, i'm qualified to host it.

good luck!

True wisdom comes from knowing that you know nothing
-Socrates

Thats US DUDE!!
-Ted 'Theodore' Logan

Edited by Fuzzy on 07-16-15 03:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.224 seconds.   Total Queries: 17  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:42 PM