Username Post: The 8 Worst Types of Merchandise on Sale at Every Nerdy Convention
vrmlbasic 
Con Regular

Reg: 02-23-12
02-07-13 05:08 PM - Post#11917    
    In response to Nigoki

I have to agree with the list. Even when the guests themselves peddle pre-signed merch it strikes me as a bit weak. When they sell unsigned stuff and offer to sign it at the time of purchase, well that's a different story imo.

Remembering the recent cons I've been to it was hard to find any anime goods in the dealers rooms that were supersaturated (it settled out into the artist alley even) with 9 of the things on that list.

I'd amend #2 to include all non-anime merch. While it's cool to see rare-ish, heinously overpriced Firefly merch at cons I do not think it belongs. Likewise while it might be profitable to peddle Yugioh/Pokemon/MtG & BattleTech at anime cons that offer such events I do not think that they belong.

Though if we were to strip dealers' rooms of all that stuff they'd be basically barren. What ever did happen to all the anime merch? It seemed to peak around 2007 or so and then it all but died. Most of the merch I see at cons, with a few exceptions, is leftover merch from that Golden Era of merch. Which is great for a latecomer to Death Note fandom such as myself but otherwise...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.089 seconds.   Total Queries: 17  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:02 PM