Username Post: Rant on Raves
slashess 

Loc: South Dakota
Reg: 11-09-14
01-28-15 01:17 AM - Post#14285    

Okay, this ALWAYS gets to me - at a lot of cons (I've only been to one that has not had this issue) why is there never a place to put our bags before we enter a rave? Is it really hard to have staff (or volunteers) to have a bag claim or some lockers or a little place where we can put our bags in before we go to the rave? Not all of us are staying at the hotel where the convention is or we have to catch a cab/shuttle etc to get there and it sucks when some staff member says "No bags allowed" and when we ask where we can put them they usually say something like "That's your problem." Wow. Why can't they do it like a coat check or something where someone can find a system or way to keep your bags in a safe place, keep them monitored and easily give them back when they want them back? I understand that people don't like being responsible for others' stuff but is it that hard to pay someone to do it? Is it hard to get someone's contact info before they drop their bag off just in case they walk out without it? Like I said, I've only been to one convention where they had a bag drop off and they would watch your stuff and when you left the rave they would give it back to you, easy-peesy. I wouldn't mind paying like a couple dollars (esp if it went to charity or something, *hint, hint*) if some staff could find a system that would help rave goers with stuff so they dont have to go ALL the way back to their rooms, cars, houses, etc. just so they can get into the rave or dance and miss out on the fun.

If I put on a con in the near future, I'll be sure to do it lol
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.09 seconds.   Total Queries: 17  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:31 PM