Username Post: Con Horror Stories        (Topic#3320)
MinamiKaome 
Attendee
MinamiKaome
Loc: Minnesota
Reg: 05-27-14

05-27-14 05:17 AM - Post#13858    

Let's hear about your facepalming, cringe worthy and fear inducing things that have happened at cons.

I have two, the first is actually happened as I was driving to my first con ever in Winnipeg. Neither of us had ever been there but we wanted to meet Vic Mignonga. At the time he really hadn't been anywhere in the midwests so we were determined to meet him, so we borrowed my friend's dad's GPS. Well when we hit Fargo, ND we hit major road construction which the GPS did not factor in at all and we ended up driving around Fargo for about a hour lost with the GPS blaring "When possible make a UTurn." I was so close to throwing out the window.

The second story I have still scares me thinking about it. The con I staffed at was quite famous for it's video game room so we would get requests from other cons to host mini versions of the VG room a there's. Well at one of cons,at about 2am when we were closing up, there was this super drunk creeper roaming the halls and one point he touched a girl inappropriately. When she freaked out he tried to bail into our videogame room which I was inside. My ex barely got the door closed and had to struggle to keep it closed because the creeper was fighting to escape inside. Luckily one of our other staffer was ex military and tackled him to the ground in military fashion restraint until security arrived. The scariest part was I had been walking around alone looking for someone 10 minutes before it happened so I could have easily been that girl. I think it's safe to say I was always careful about walking around alone at night at cons from then on.

Vandellan 
Vandellan
Loc: St. Louis MO
Reg: 06-21-14

06-21-14 01:41 AM - Post#13900    
    In response to MinamiKaome

I have been an attendee @ ACen for several years now. My fiance and I had one issue, a big one in 2013, where she was in her Cosplay, well some guy to a "liking" to her, she rebuffed his advance because we are engaged. Well, at 2:19 am we had him in a drunken whatever banging on the door of our room @ the Hyatt Regency O'hare. Luckily staff were already aware of him and it was resolved quickly, but even this year @ 2014, I noticed my fiance would glance at the door more than needed on both nights we were there. Even a year later, it still unnerved her. But nothing bad happened in 2014 so we had an amazing time in the end!

SetsukoSenpai76 
Attendee
SetsukoSenpai76
Loc: USA
Reg: 08-12-16

08-12-16 04:40 PM - Post#15141    
    In response to MinamiKaome

This happened when I was at Animeland Wasabi 2014 with an old friend and ex-boyfriend. I was cosplaying as Zatsune Miku (a fan-made Vocaloid) and my friend was Fionna from Adventure Time. We were going around the dealer's room and my ex-boyfriend was being really pushy trying to get us away from a certain part of the room. When I asked him what his deal was, he refused to say. Well, it turned out that there was a con-goer going around the dealer's room following cosplayers wearing dresses or skirts and was trying to get panty shots including the younger cosplayers. I guess my friend and I were next in line for his sick fetish. And from that day on I've always avoided doing cosplays with skirts or dresses.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.214 seconds.   Total Queries: 35  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:38 AM