Username Post: What was your first convention?
PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06
06-07-07 10:03 AM - Post#1117    
    In response to Spike Spiegel

My first convention was a little Star Trek convention in Portland, Maine. I got called up on stage and got to play "Wheel of Fortune" with James Doohan. I lost horribly on "Romulan Neutral Zone". (There was no "S"! WTF?) Then he told us all about Star Trek VI and I got to break the news to Usenet. Woot!

After that, I went to the Mystery Science Theater 3000 ConventioCon ExpoFest-O-Rama 2: Electric Bugaloo - The Harmonic Convergence...which is my second favorite convention to date.

A few years later, I went to BotCon '99 with a friend...but didn't find it interesting and decided not to go back in 2000. ...so my friend suggested we go to Anime Expo 2000 instead. We did and had a great time that year. That made me look up to see if there were any other cons closer to home. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good, reliable schedule...so I started keeping my own. That eventually evolved into the site you're looking at now.

My #1 favorite convention of all time was Mikkakan. It was the 3rd anime convention I attended and was only held once in New Hampshire. ...but I was such a fan that I rescued the http://mikkakan.org/ domain name from domain squatters when it expired.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.076 seconds.   Total Queries: 17  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:20 AM