Username Post: Cartoon Cosplay, Anime Con: Is This Acceptable?
vrmlbasic 
Con Regular

Reg: 02-23-12
09-04-13 06:16 PM - Post#12747    
    In response to Kumiko_N

• In reply to:
If you were at this anime con, would you be okay with me in my not-anime-related cosplay of a guest of honour's character? Thank you in advance for any help!

Yes, I would be okay with that.

I am adamant that non-anime cosplay shouldn't be donned for anime cons (though I don't "police" cons, ie:I don't give 'em the evil eye..at least I try not to ).

However, when it is for a non-anime role voiced by a con guest, I think that it is perfectly acceptable. For example, in ~2 weeks AnimeUSA will be held and they have Troy Baker. If people cosplay as "that guy from Bioshock Infinite", since he was that guy, I wouldn't mind. Same with Borderlands 2 cosplay at Nekocon 2014 (which they have, for some reason, decided to turn into Borderlands 2: The Con...a year too late).

On this, I do dislike how the "anime integrity" of cons is slipping. For example, Otakon continues to lower its official standards: for the anime music video contest they do not allow non-anime like The Legend of Korra, which I say makes sense, but then they allow My Little Pony, which makes the whole situation ambiguous and frustrating.

Edited by vrmlbasic on 09-04-13 06:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.061 seconds.   Total Queries: 17  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:35 PM