Username Post: Five Things More Anime Conventions Need
vrmlbasic 
Con Regular

Reg: 02-23-12
06-08-12 11:48 AM - Post#10926    
    In response to Nigoki

I definitely agree about the counter-masquerade programming. Too many con Saturday afternoons have felt wasted to me due to the dearth of counter masquerade programming.

I think the other suggestions are brilliant as well. It almost seems like cons read this list as several cons which I attended this year posted post-con thanks and follow-ups, whereas last year they let the previous year's schedule languish up there for almost a whole year.

For ticketed events, it does strike me as a logical idea, as it takes the guess work out of an event. No longer would one wait in line for hours for an event at cons just to be told that the event is at capacity. The tickets limiting the queue size for each event automatically sounds good, no more staff screw ups regarding the number at which to cap the line.

Clearly attendees would still have to camp the line for the ticket booth, but that sounds better than having to camp the lines for every now-ticketed event (provided that attendees can get all their tickets for each ticketed event at the same time, otherwise isn't it almost the same problem?) .

Somehow I'm having trouble visualizing all the ticket holders not lining up for hours before ticketed events, vying for the best seats (probably because I don't espouse the attendee philosophy that was mentioned in the article; when it comes to seats, it's either the best...or nothing).

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.157 seconds.   Total Queries: 16  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:08 AM